Amish Friendship Bread. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. This recipe for Amish Friendship Bread comes just in time for the holidays. Amish Friendship Bread, in all essence, is an edible chain letter.
The starter is a substitute for baking yeast and can be used to make many kinds of yeast-based breads, shared with friends. Amish Friendship Bread is a type of bread that is used to build friendships, chain letter style! Making and sharing food like this Amish Friendship Bread is a true joy in my life. You can have Amish Friendship Bread using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amish Friendship Bread
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 box of instant vanilla pudding.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Amish friendship bread is a food surrounded by stories. Amish lore has it that an Amish mother will hand down a piece of her starter on her daughter's wedding day. AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD: Mix oil, eggs, and vanilla with the starter mix. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix.
Amish Friendship Bread step by step
- Day 6, add 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk into bag and mush..
- Day 10, pour entire contents in non-metallic bowl. Add 1 1/2 c. flour, 1 1/2 c. sugar and 1 1/2 c. milk. Mix..
- Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 cup each into ziploc bags. Date the bags..
- Keep a starter for yourself and give 3 away with copies of directions. Or you can freeze starters..
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Add rest of ingredients to the starter, using wooden spoon or rubber whisk..
- Mix 1/2 c. sugar & 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Grease 2 large loaf pans. Dust greased pans with half of sugar/cinnamon mix..
- Pour batter evenly into 2 pans and sprinkle rest of sugar/cinnamon mix on top..
- Bake 70 minutes..
- Cool til bread loosens from edges (about 10 minutes).
Let's step back in While the recipe has been around for decades, the Amish Friendship bread recipe. Amish friendship bread has a great story behind it, one of love and the special bond between mothers and their daughters. In the past, the Amish mothers used to pass on. For Coconut Amish Friendship Bread use coconut pudding and coconut. Then, for Chocolate Choclate chip Amish Friendship Bread add chocolate pudding mix in place of.